– Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales in November 2013 –
November continued the trend of slow home sales activity in Scottsdale. However, we did see some good news in that inventory did not take another huge leap upward. We ended the month with only twenty-two more homes for sale than there were at the end of October.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – NOVEMBER 2013
Below are some graphs and charts that look at the last 12 months of real estate activity in Scottsdale.
– Single-family homes for sale are represented by the red line.*
– Pending home sales are represented by the green line.*
– November Home Sales are represented by the purple line.
NOVEMBER 2013 RESULTS
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: After seeing double-digit percentage jumps in inventory over the last two months, the pace seems to have cooled a little. November ended with 1,947 homes for sale, up a modest 1.1% over the end of October. The 12 month average for this is 1,567 homes for sale.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales have been pretty level over the last three months, but are trending down slightly. Only 290 homes were pending at the end of November, in comparison to the 12 month average of 397 pending homes.
- Scottsdale Homes Sold: Sales were weak again in November with only 320 homes sold. The last time we were this low was in January of 2013. The 12 month average for home sales in Scottsdale is 426.
Here are two additional charts regarding Scottsdale home sales activity.
The top section captures how things have been changing on a month-over-month basis. For instance, active homes were up 1.1% over October and sales were down 1.9% over October.
The lower section compares sales price to what the home was listed for when it went under contract. In November, buyers on average were able to get a discount of 3.8% off of asking price.
The month of November was weak on the Scottsdale home sales and pending home sales front. One positive thing we did see was that the number of homes for sale did not have another huge jump. Unfortunately, based on pending figures, it looks like December will also be slow.
Disclaimer: Homes for sale and pending home sales figures reflect the number of homes in that status at the end of the month. Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 12/1/2013 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2013 Heather Tawes Nelson