Summer is moving along in Scottsdale and now the monsoon season, with its marginally cooler days, is just starting.
Here is a list of some upcoming events over the rest of July into August:
- Arizona History Dinners – Want to learn more about Arizona’s storied past and enjoy a gourmet meal at the same time? Wednesday nights through July, Cartwright’s in Cave Creek is offering a three course meal accompanied with stories and tales from Arizona’s past as well as live musical performances.
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat – This favorite musical is being performed through August 8th at the Arizona Broadway Theater over in Peoria.
- Concerts at Kierland Commons – This free summer concert series is wrapping up on July 27, so there are still a few performances left. The concerts take place in the center of Kierland Commons in Scottsdale on Saturday evenings from 7-9PM.
- Winter in July at the Phoenix Zoo – Take place in one of the most fun family events all year. On Saturday, July 20th from 7-11AM, the Phoenix Zoo is holding its Winter in July event. Animals get special frozen treats and zoo visitors can make snowballs, play games, enjoy live entertainment and more.
- Mixology Class at The Hermosa Inn – Unique and custom cocktails are quite popular these days. If you are a fan of rum, the Last Drop at The Hermosa Inn in Paradise Valley is having a mixology class on July 21st from 2-4PM. In the class you will learn more about this spirit, will get to enjoy some cocktails and will leave with some recipes. It sounds like a fun afternoon at one of the Valley’s nicest resorts.
- Visit Prescott – At the end of July, there are two events in Prescott that may be worth the trip. The first is the Jazzy Summer Daze jazz event at the Antelope Hills Golf Course. It is on July 28th from 4-7PM Enjoy wine, nibbles and great music while raising money for the Mountain Artists’ Guild. The other event takes place over the same weekend and is The Shootout at Whiskey Row. Gunfights and historic events will be reenacted and there will be costume contests and other events as well.
- The Monkees – Three of the original Monkees members will be in town to perform on August 9th at 8PM. Take a trip back in time and enjoy the music.
- Oliver – This classic musical is coming to Scottsdale from August 8th through September 28th. It will be playing at the Don Bluth Front Row Theater in Scottsdale.
- Phoenix Cooks! – On August 31st Phoenix Cooks! is back for the 9th time. Over 50 of the best local chefs and restaurants will be at the Westin Kierland in Scottsdale with tasty samples. In addition to the food, there will be over 30 beverage sampling booths as well. This fun event benefits the Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
These are just a few of the events coming up over the next several weeks in and around Scottsdale. Feel free to add any others to the comment section.