Even though the heat is in full-force right now, there are quite a few things going on around town. Here is a short list of some things to do this June in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.
- Old West Show at Rockin’ R Ranch - Channel your inner cowboy or cowgirl and attend the Old West Show at the Rockin’ R Ranch in Mesa on June 15th at 6:30. Special guest Wyatt Earp (a direct descendant) will be there and you will get to relive the OK Corral gunfight.
- Mc Cormick Stillman Railroad Park Concerts – These free Sunday night concerts continue to take place through early July. They run from 7:30-9 and are a fun way to see local performers.
- Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Bailey Circus – The circus is coming to town. From June 26th to July 1st, the circus will be putting on dazzling performances at the US Airways Center in downtown Phoenix.
- Scottsdale Beat the Heat – Runners will brave the heat in two races planned on the day the highest historical temperature was ever recorded in Scottsdale. The race kicks off at 2:47PM on June 22nd and you can choose from a 11.22 or 5 kilometer course. There is a four story waterslide at the end for the participants to cool off with!
- Scottsdale’s Old Town Farmers Market- The farmer’s market in Old Town will be running on Saturdays through the rest of June with summer hours of 7-11am. Select from the freshest produce and local products.
- Scottsdale’s Art Walk – This great event occurs every Thursday night from 7-9PM. Take a stroll and enjoy a number of downtown Scottsdale’s finest art galleries.
As always, this is just a few of the large number of events going on in and around Scottsdale this June. Feel free to add others to the comments section.