– Things to Do in Scottsdale AZ: Good Morning America and Travelzoo’s List–
Earlier this month, Good Morning America worked with Travelzoo on a feature about things to do and experience in Scottsdale, Arizona. The resulting list had a nice mix of popular things as well as some not quite as well-known suggestions.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Explore the extensive and creative wine selections at the Terroir Wine Bar and Kazimierz.
- See Scottsdale from on high, via a helicopter tour or hot air balloon ride.
- Although these next ones were mentioned of for the younger set, I think they can apply to all ages. And, three of my favorite Scottsdale places made the list. The first is the McCormick Stillman Railroad Park, which is a magical and fun place for train aficionados both young and old. The second was the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center, whose goal is to care for and rehabilitate desert wildlife. You can schedule a tour of the facilities and see these fascinating animals up close. The final recommendation was the McDowell Sonoran Nature Preserve with its miles of trails and educational opportunities for all levels.
- North Phoenix’s Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) made the list as well. This one of a kind complex features musical instruments from all over the world. You can learn about them, play some of them and there is a long list of performances you can attend.
- For day trips, Sedona and Flagstaff made the list.
- The next recommendation is one I have not tried yet, but am now planning to. Take the Apache Trail and explore the town of Tortilla Flat, the Lost Dutchman State Park and the Tonto National Monument.
- The North Scottsdale gem of Greasewood Flat made the list. Greasewood Flat is tucked away, fun, affordable and promises a great afternoon or evening of casual fun while enjoying the outdoors.
- The final tip was to visit Scottsdale in the summertime to take advantage of amazing hotel and resort rates as well as many of the other specials local businesses run during that time. Yes, it does get hot her during the summer, but generally, it is nothing a dip in the pool cannot take care of.