- Things to Do in Scottsdale AZ: March 2013-
Now that the good weather’s back up and running, minus our little snow storm last week, there are tons of events coming up in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.
- The Carefree Art and Wine Fest is taking place daily on March 1-3. Visit downtown Carefree, take a stroll and see over 165 artists’ work. Enjoy some wine tasting and food as well.
- The Maricopa County Home Show taking place at the University of Phoenix Stadium over in Glendale. The event will be full of home and garden exhibitors, there will be a long list of demonstrations, pet adoptions will be taking place and so much more. And, the Wheel of Fortune bus will be there to audition potential contestants.
- The 60th Annual Parada Del Sol Rodeo will be at WestWorld in Scottsdale. Friday night is a bull riding event and the rodeo runs Saturday and Sunday. You will see barrel riding, clowns, bullfighting, bronc riding and so much more.
- Another great event this weekend is the Run for Ryan House on March 2nd. This annual run (5K, 10K or half marathon) starts at Market Street in DC Ranch and it benefits the Ryan House which help families with very ill children in need.
- March 8-10 is the Scottsdale Arts Festival. This weekend-long event will be held at the Scottsdale Civic Center Mall and over 200 selected artists will be there. Food, entertainment and more will also be on hand.
- The weekend of March 15-17 is the Sonoran Festival of Fine Art in downtown Carefree. Over 150 artists will be in attendance showing off their works including bronzes, jewelry and paintings. There will live music, Native American dance performances and plenty of good food and beverage to enjoy.
- On March 19th Engelbert Humperdinck, (who looks like he has not aged a bit,) will be in town to perform some of his greatest hits. He’ll be performing at the wild horse Pass Hotel and Casino down in Chandler.
- On March 22-24th, Cave Creek will be holding its annual Fiesta Days Rodeo and Parade. If you’ve not had an opportunity to go up to Cave Creek, this is a great event to do so. Explore your inner cowboy or cowgirl and have a great time.
- March 27th is the Historic Home Tour in Phoenix’s Encanto-Palmcroft neighborhood. Come enjoy the pre-World War II designs and learn about the history of the homes. There will also be a street fair with food and beverages, arts and crafts and more.
- On April 7th, the 15th Annual Grand Tour of Gardens is taking place. It is sponsored by Phoenix Home and Garden and you’ll get to tour some of the Valley’s most amazing gardens. This event benefits the Desert Botanical Garden.
- Spring training is here and it’s going on through March 30. Come catch some of the action with your favorite professional teams around town as you enjoy the Arizona sun.
- The Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix always has some great things going on. Right now, you can experience “Breakfast with the Butterflies”, the Spring series of “Music in the Garden” and the “Four Seasons” exhibition by Phillip Haas.
- If you’re looking to go back in time and have a unique day, head on down to the Renaissance Festival in Apache Junction. It is being held on Saturdays and Sundays through March 31. Experience over 2000 costumed characters, watch knights joust, shop over 200 stalls and, if you are up for it, eat an extremely large turkey leg.
- Interested in some music and culture? The Musical Instrument Museum Museum has several concerts coming up.
- The El Pedregal shopping center adjacent to The Boulders is home to Carefree Sundays through March 24th. Live music , food and wine and more.
- In Downtown Scottsdale, you will find the Sunday A’Fair at the Scottsdale Civic Center Mall through April 7th. Come and enjoy live music, an arts and crafts market and family activities. Bring a picnic basket and blanket or purchase food and drinks on site.
And even though this is a pretty long list, there are still a lot more things going on in and around Scottsdale. If you have any events that you like to or plan to attend, feel free to share them in the comments.