-Scottsdale AZ Homes for Sale and Home Sales in January 2013-
Here are the first sales figures for Scottsdale Arizona single-family homes in 2013.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALE ACTIVITY FOR JANUARY 2013
There are three sales categories being tracked:
– Scottsdale homes for sale are in red and indicate how many homes were on the market at the end of January.
- Pending sales are in green and show how many sales were pending at the end of January.
– Completed home sales in January are shown in purple.
January 2013 Highlights for Scottsdale AZ Homes for Sale:
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory was back up in January to 1,557. I am attributing a portion of this to the re-listing of homes after they expired at the end of the year. This increased inventory is a good thing, as buyers have been constrained by the low number of homes for sale. The 12 month average for this is 1,443.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: We saw a nice increase in pending sales in January after we saw a seasonal dip in December. They bounced back into the 400’s, to 417.
- Scottsdale Homes Sold: As anticipated due to the low pending number in December, sales in January were slow at 331. This figure should increase over the next few months as we head into the Spring selling season.
- Sales Price to List Price Ratio: 95.9% – This is the second highest we have seen in the last 12 months. This figure has been trending in the 95’s%.
The top section of this next chart examines how the figures have changed on a month over month basis. So, as you can see, inventory was up 6.9% over January and pending sales saw a nice 21.9% jump as well.
The bottom section of the chart shows sales price to list price ratio. I alluded to this above and it is a quick way to see what kind of average discounts buyers received off of asking prices. In January, buyers received 4.1% off of list price on average.
Overall, January was a quiet month for home sales in Scottsdale, Arizona. Lower pending sales in December translated into lower sales in January. However, we did see a nice uptick in pending sales and the increase in inventory is a positive thing for buyers. As long as additional inventory comes onto the market, I anticipate things picking up over the next few months as we head into Spring.
Disclaimer: Data and information was pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 2/1/2013 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2013 Heather Tawes Nelson