- Scottsdale AZ Golf Courses Named in Golf Digest’s Top Golf Courses List-
Golf Digest just released its 2013-2014 rankings for the America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses and this year launched the Second 100 Greatest list as well. Many Scottsdale area courses made the list.
Only two Arizona courses made the Top 100 list. The Estancia Club in Scottsdale came in at number 61. The par 72 course at Estancia was built in 1995 and was designed by Tom Fazio. During play, golfers are treated to stunning Pinnacle Peak views.
The second course to make the Top 100 was up in Flagstaff. The Canyon Course at Forest Highlands. It came in 85th. This par 71 course frequently makes top billing in rankings and was designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish in the late 1980’s.
When you continue on to the Second 100 Greatest list, five other Scottsdale courses made the list as well as one in Carefree.
– Coming in at number 123 is Whisper Rock’s Upper Course. The par 72 Upper Course was designed by Tom Fazio and opened in 2005.
– Whisper Rock’s lower course came in next at number 167. This one was designed by Gary Stephenson and Phil Mickelson. It is a par 72 course and opened in 2001.
– The next Scottsdale ranking came at 182. This was the par 72 course at Desert Highlands. This course opened in 1982 and was designed by Jack Nicklaus.
– Carefree’s Desert Forest Golf Club came in ranked 191.It has been around since 1962, is a par 72 and was designed by Red Lawrence.
– Desert Mountain’s par 72 Chiricahua course came in at 195. This is another Jack Nicklaus course and is one of six courses found at Desert Mountain.
– The final Scottsdale course to make the list was The Mirabel Club. This par 71 North Scottsdale course was designed by Tom Fazio.
Other Arizona courses to make the list were the Stone Canyon Club down in Oro Valley and The Club at Seven Canyons in Sedona.