-Scottsdale AZ Homes for Sale and Home Sales in December 2012-
Here are the sales figures for the final month of 2012 for Scottsdale Arizona homes. This report covers activity for single-family homes only.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALE ACTIVITY FOR 2012
Sales activity has been divided into three categories and figures from each of the last 12 months are included:
– Scottsdale homes for sale at the end of December are depicted in red.
- Pending sales at the end of December are depicted in green.
– Actual home sales that took place in December are depicted in purple.
This second graph is broken into two sections. The top part looks at how the figures have changed on a month over month basis. For example, the number of homes for sale dropped 7.1% between November and December.
The lower part of the chart depicts sales price to list price ratio. This is way of understanding what kind of average discounts buyers received off of asking prices. For November and December, buyers saw an average discount of 4.6%.
December 2012 Highlights for Scottsdale AZ Homes for Sale:
- Active Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The number of homes for sale dropped at the end of the month to 1,456, a 7.1% decrease over November. Some of this can be attributed to listings that expired at the end of the year.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales saw a large decline to 342, the lowest we have seen all year. However, we do see this dip at the end of each year.
- Scottsdale Homes Sold: December sales were higher than I had expected. I anticipated coming in the high 300’s, but the final figure was 402. This was a nice way to end the year from a home sales perspective.
- Sales Price to List Price Ratio: 95.4% – This is where we have been for most of the year.
Overall, the Scottsdale AZ real estate market ended the year with a solid sales month. Inventory dropped a bit after increases for the last several months. However, I anticipate a rebound in January as expired listings and people looking to capitalize on the spring buying season come back into the market.
Pending sales were down sharply, but this is a seasonal factor we tend to see. Home sales were pleasantly solid and we even had the highest sales price home sale of the year in December at $8.2 million. However, based on pending figures, I expect January to be a bit quieter.
Disclaimer: Data and information was pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 1/1/2013 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2013 Heather Tawes Nelson